• Keep track of upcoming proposals, research potentials sources of funding
• Review and highlight guidelines on upcoming grants and disseminate this information
•Spearhead capacity building of staff in resource acquisition
•Initiate, nurture and develop cordial relationships and networks with all stakeholders Represent ChildFund on grant management issues
* Coordinate the development, review and timely submission of reports ensuring accurate and donor compliance
• Manage grant start up and closure processes
• Support grant monitoring and evaluation and organize grant review meetings Lead in understanding and sharing of donor policies, regulations and procedures ChildFund Uganda is working in the 2 districts to develop the capacities of local community based organizations to be able to mobilize resources and implement programs that improve the well being of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children.
Qualifications and Experience
*A Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Humanities or closely related
* A Post-graduate qualification in project management is essential
* Master's degree is desirable ' Basic training in financial management
* A minimum of five (5) years hands-on experience in program management in general and at least 3years with a specific focus on grants management in an International NGO
* Proven experience sourcing/developing winning proposals and managing grants from major donors - USAID, Ell, DF1D, USAID, SIDA Ireland Aid and/or others in Uganda '
*Extensive computer proficiency is a must
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
* Highly developed analytical and communication skills
* High level team skills Excellent analytical and report writing skills
Prior knowledge of relevant donor regulations and reporting requirements Ability and willingness to mentor other staff in grants management Ability to juggle competing priorities and meet demanding deadlines Ability to assimilate and process information on a wide range of issues Ability to manage multi-sectoral interventions efficiently Ability to coordinate with various stakeholders including program staff, partners, communities and government officials Strong networking, advocacy, negotiation and lobbying skills
Apply for this job
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: "ChildFund - Position Name" indicating which position you are applying for. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB.
Closing date is 5 PM on the 17th of November 1010.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala Uganda
Attn.: The Director