Job Title: Legal Officer (2)
Reports: To Senior Legal Officer
Qualifications: (i) Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in Law and a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal
Work Experience: Should be an Advocate of High Court with at least two (3) years experience
in legal practice and legal work
Other Essential Qualities.
• Track record of high integrity, dependability, self-motivation and innovativeness.
• Excellent legal writing skills
• Team Player
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Senior Legal Officer in executing the following functions:
• Representing and defending the University in all legal matters.
• Examining legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting law suits
• Gathering evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions by such means as interviews to ascertain facts
• Analyzing the probable outcomes of cases using knowledge of legal precedents.
• Drafting suitable contracts, memoranda and partnership.
• Drafting of suitable communications.
• Drafting pleadings and other related court documents
• Recording minutes of Council Committees as my be assigned to him/her.
• Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Senior Legal Officer from time to time.
Age limit: Applicants should not exceed 45-years at the time of submission of the application.
Tenure of appointment: Permanent Terms
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts. Please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each set) giving full details of applicant’s education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and naming three referees, plus their contact addresses. Applicants should make sure that at least two referees have forwarded references supporting the applications by the closing date.
Applications should be delivered to the Employment Division Office Room 406, Top Floor, Main Building, Makerere University, and addressed to:
P.O. Box 7062
Closing Date; 05/08/2013