About this job
Our client Grameen Foundation is a non profit organisation that is seeking to recruit result driven and motivated individuals for the Vacancy above;
Reports to: Manager, Marketing and Partnerships.
Summary: You are a marketing professional who would like to put your skills toward pioneer in rural and product marketing to empower the poor. You will use your expertise to develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives. To effectively manage the B2B and B2C marketing of Grameen Foundation CKW Project.
The project: The CKW project has steadily grown with over 900 community knowledge workers based in 20 districts across Uganda serving farmers with actionable agriculture information and collecting vital data on rural communities. Under its initial strategy, the programme focused on developing actionable content that was disseminated to the farmers through the community knowledge workers and a farmer helpline. As the project matures GF realizes the need to create impact by realigning it’s marketing strategy, making it more actionable, and getting closer to the farmer by creating and retaining a customer base to consume the information as well as a partner and client list to consume the product offering for deeper rural last mile outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* manage and coordinate all brand, marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities
* Build a strategy for an individual program/initiative/program (narrow scope); contribute/support KPIs.
* conduct market research (qualitative and quantitative) to determine market requirements for existing and future products
* analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information present and explain the implications of competitive developments and market research to organization management
* Ensuring that competitive developments are being tracked and that the implications of important changes are well understood.
* develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products
* manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
* Present training and/or communication materials to internal and external stakeholders.
* monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
* Manage and be accountable for program budgets, work plans, documentation, execution and analysis of programs.
* determine and manage the marketing budget
* deliver marketing activity within agreed budget
* develop and deliver upon a pricing strategy
* liaison with media and advertising subcontractors
* Solicit, summarize and present feedback from internal and external stakeholders on individual campaigns, programs and/or initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Has a deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
* Believes in the potential to leverage information and communication technology (ICTs) to promote agriculture
* Has strong brand and marketing skills (experience with B2B and B2C preferred).
* A passion for cause-based marketing that focused on positive behavior change
* Has excellent Program management skills.
* Understands concepts of Financial and business acumen.
* Has budget-management skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Organization and planning
* Problem analysis and problem-solving
* Formal presentation skills
* Innovation and desire to push the limits of rural or last mile marketing
* Stress tolerance
Education and Experience:
* A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business and a post graduate in Business Administration or Marketing
* Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies
* Technical marketing skills
* Proven experience in customer and market research
* Relevant product and industry knowledge
* Experience with relevant software applications
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to email@example.com
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.
Deadline: 7th Dec 2012