REPORTS TO: DEPUTY MANAGING DIRECTOR
As a key member of the Management Team, this position is responsible
for development and implemention of marketing and communications
strategies to ensure the NSSF brand, products and services are
successfully managed for effective market penetration and market share
MAJOR ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB:
1) Develop and execute communications strategies for NSSF corporate
brand, products and services.
2) Ensure articulation and consistent communication of the Fund’s
desired image and position both internally and externally.
3) Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and
distribution of all Fund publications.
4) Develop short and long term plans and budgets for marketing/public
relations programs and activities, monitor progress, and evaluate
5) Commission appropriate and relevant market research and
develop strategies to counter competition to ensure Fund’s market
6) Develop and monitor Service Level Agreements (SLA) with all
service providers (e.g media houses, advertising and, research
agencies) to ensure efficiency, value for money and timely delivery
against set targets.
7) Develop a branding strategy to ensure and promote visibility,
consistency and a positive image of the Fund
8) Develop and implement integrated PR plans to support and
supplement various brand and product events and activities e.g.
launches, sponsorships, promotions in line with organizational
9) Develop and execute a coherent, effective Corporate Social
Responsibility strategy that portrays the Fund as a good corporate
10) Develop a strategy for effective management of key stakeholder
relations in order for the Fund to obtain a credible lobby platform for
its positions on various issues.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Marketing or any
• Masters degree in a relevant field.
• Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accreditation or Post
graduate qualification in Marketing.
• Minimum of ten years work experience with five years at senior
management level in a large organization.
• Demonstrated experience in design and execution of marketing,
communication and public relations activities.
• Experience developing and managing budgets
• Experience managing research process
Competencies: The individual must;
• Be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation,
oral communications and interpersonal skills.
• Possess strong leadership skills, be able to motivate and
• Be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent
judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
• Have a proven track record of honesty and integrity
• Problem analysis and problem solving skills
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should send their applications with copies of
their academic and professional qualifications addressed to the Head
of Human Resources, P. O. Box 7140 Kampala or hand deliver them
at our Head Office, Worker’s House, Plot 1, Pilkington Road at the
Reception on 14th Floor.
All applications should reach us not later than December 5, 2011. Only
Short listed candidates will be contacted.