Term of service: Contract
Duty station: Kampala
Reports to: Administrator
Purposes of the position:
Overall responsibility for the management and support of THETA Information and communication technology (ICT) systems and databases
Roles and Responsibilities
a) System Administration
• Develop and maintain the organizational IT Policy and standard operating procedures.
• Installing and configuring servers and other components of the IT infrastructure.
• Installing and configuring application software
• Configuring and maintaining a secure ICT system
• Support other members of staff in the use of IT Hard and software as well as Network and workstation troubleshooting.
b) Administration of all ICT Systems
• Database Administration
• Making regular Backup of the system data and restoring files.
• Provision of ensuring data security.
c) System Maintenance
• Maintain a database/inventory of all ICT equipment in the organization.
• Updating of all software in use by the organization
• Repairing and servicing of all organization's ICT hardware including desktop computers, servers, printers, Photocopiers, scanners etc
• Inventory Management of all ICT hardware and software
d) Maintaining and updating the organization’s website
e) Participating in THETA events planning and advocacy meetings and projects.
1) Regularly updating THETA Administrator on the status, quality and needs of THETA ICT systems) Any other duties as may be required.
• Bachelors in IT, Computer Science, Business Computing or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in ICT Systems Management in an organization of similar or greater size and scope.
Apply for this job
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter with copies of academic certificates, indicating 3 professional referees, one of whom should be from the latest workplace.
Deadline of submission: 5:0upm, 3rd Nov 2010.
Address applications to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Plot 724/5 Mawanda Road - Kamwokya,
P.O Box 21175,
Kampala, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org