Reporting to: Head ICT
Specific Duties and Responsibilities;
The applicant will be responsible for:
• Administering User accounts and groups to ensure at least 98% network access as stipulated in the ICT Policy.
• Administering Internet, e-mail and back office applications to provide 98% availability,
• Coordinating the design, implementation and maintenance of In-house business applications to automate tasks.
• Supporting out-sourced business application to maintain 98% availability.
• Maintaining backup and recovery procedures as stipulated in the IT policy.
• Training Users to utilize information systems as defined In the IT policies. .
• Implementing the disaster recovery plan for business applications in accordance with IT policy. . Administering and maintain the intranet and website to fulfill company objectives.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining ICT resources including ICT security
• Providing ICT specifications In accordance with User requirements and IT policies.
Kay Result Areas (KRA)
• Ensure that the backups and recovery procedures as stipulated in the IT policy are maintained
• Maintenance of the intranet and website to fulfill company objectives
• Ensure that Users are fully trained on information systems as defined in the IT policies.
Remuneration to all. the above positions will be attractive and commensurate with the responsibilities attached to them.
The applicants must have the following qualifications:
1. Holder of a Honors Degree in Computer Science or closely related field, pi us a Masters Degree in Computer Science from a recognized University
2. Certification in Systems Administration; Virtualization; Soft ware Development; Routers; DB and Management is essential
3. Working experience of 5 years of progressively responsible in the area of Systems Administration and Software development in a reputable or related institution of organisation. ',
4. An applicant must have extensive working experience in LAN Systems Administration; Secure remote access configuration & management: designing and implementing DMZ's; Visualization; Software development using state-of-the art tools; Relational Database engine management; Network optimization and bandwidth management; application acceleration; managing corporate website and intranets; enterprise content management and work-flow processing; Content filters; and Routers.
How to apply
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates .should apply in writing with a copy of detailed CV and certified copies of all academic and professional qualifications to the address below. '
All applications must be in sealed envelop clearly indicating the NPA address and position applied for on the top right hand corner not later than 5:00p.m Wednesday 18lh May 2011. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR NATIONAL PLANNING AUTHORITY 15B CLEMENT HILL ROAD P. O BOX 21434 KAMPALA