Pride Microfinance Limited
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 30 networked branches countrywide and an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is now looking for mature experienced individuals
to fill the following positions in the organization. These are dream career opportunities for highly dynamic, creative and innovative astute performers within the financial and banking sector.
1. ADMINISTRATION & PROCUREMENT MANAGER
The Administration & Procurement Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and will be based at Head Office in Kampala. Among others, s/he will be required to manage the procurement and administration function and ensure adherence to PPDA & Pride’s policies and procedure.
Specific responsibilities include:-
• Manage all administrative issues arising in the entire Pride network;
• Ensure that all premises have properly executed tenancy agreements and foster good relationships with Pride landlords.
• Management of all fixed assets in Pride. Liaise with other departments to ensure that the corporate assets registers are maintained and up-to date.
• Ensure the engraving of furniture and equipment throughout Pride.
• Ensure the registry is functional.
• Develop appropriate systems, procedures and guidelines for the Procurement & Disposal Unit and Contracts Committee.
• Prepare the annual procurement master plan and participate in the annual budgeting process for all services and items.
• Guide the suppliers on procurement procedures for the Company including; sourcing out for suppliers, coordinating and facilitating the bidding process and drafting contracts and terms of reference for suppliers.
• Liaise with Finance department to ensure availability of procurement funds and timely payment of suppliers.
• Review usage and expenditure on all items with a view of identifying areas of cost reductions and/or service improvement;
• Ensure there are adequate stocks in stores;
• Compile procurement reports to Contracts Committee and PPDA and support Internal Audit in verification of procurement documentation
• Preparation of Board papers for the Board Committee in charge of procurement. Preparation of board justification/special board requests for new projects or emergency needs.
• Manage pre-bid meetings, bid closing and bid opening and prepare monthly reports for submission to PPDA.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management; Social Sciences, Commerce, Development Economics, Development Studies, Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Financial Services and Business Computing, Business Statistics, Social Sciences, SWASA, Education, Microfinance any other relevant and/or related field.
• Member of CIPS.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or any Management related field is an added advantage
• S/he should possess prior experience of 4 years and above.
• Should have strong negotiation and analytical skills.
• Should have a high degree of integrity, excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Must be able to meet set deadlines.
• He/she should be aged between 25 - 38 years
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply and send a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates / testimonials, postal address, current salary, salary expectation, names of 3 referees and a daytime telephone contact to the Head Human Capital Management, using the address below so as to reach not later than August 24, 2012.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you do not hear from us by October 31, 2012; please consider yourself unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PRIDE MICROFINANCE LIMITED (MDI),
Metropole House, Plot 8 – 10 Entebbe Road,
P. O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
Tel. No. 041 4346 930 / 297
Deadline: 24th Aug 2012