Terms of Appointment: Contract 1(one) year renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Key result Areas:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Community Information System (CIS) in accordance with the -CIS implementation framework
- Provide lead in the development of local government statistics during the collection, processing and analysing of CIS data.
- Promote the generation and utilisation of statistical data collected at national level to facilitate planning and evidence based- service delivery
- Provide technical support during the implementation of the CIS.
- Initiate the development, implementation and monitoring of the sub-region CIS work plan and budgets in line with the CIS Implementation strategy.
- B.Stat, Bsc QE (Upper Second class degree)
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Economics or Computer Science, would be an added advantage
- Knowledge and use of computer processing Information systems
- Practical working knowledge in statistical data processing programmes, and database management.
- 3 year’s working experience in statistical production and development.
The closing date for receiving applications is 10th August 2010. Applications indicating three referees with their contact addresses, the applicant’s postal address, e-mail, fax and telephone contact should be sent to the following address:
The Deputy Executive Director - Corporate Services
Uganda Bureau of Statistics,
Plot 9, Colville Street, P.O Box 7186, Kampala.
Tel. 256-041-706000 Fax 041-237533/230370.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.ubos.org