The senior Administrative and Liaison Officer will support the Head of the Secretariat (HoS).
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Social Protection Secretariat (HoS) or his designate, the successful candidate will be responsible for administrative matters. In particular, the post holder will serve as a key liaison between the expanding social protection programme and the senior management of MGLSD.
• Ensuring effective and efficient functioning of HoS office by maintaining the calendar contacts with high ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, and taking minutes at such meetings
• Originating and maintaining requisitions and expenditures in accordance with the Government of Uganda guidelines and ensuring accountability of funds
• Preparing and following up requests for minor procurements, contracts and other formal administrative requirements, contracts and other formal administrative requirements in accordance with GoU procedures.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
• Bachelors degree and/or relevant experience
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a team player, self-driven and ready to work under tight deadlines
• Experience of working with GoU administrative, financial and procurement systems
• Experience working with senior level civil servants
How to Apply:
All interested candidates with relevant qualifications and experience should send their applications along with three work related referees by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mark clearly in the subject area “Senior Administrative and Liaison Officer”
Deadline: 2nd December 2011