The Public procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) derives its mandate from PPDA Act No.1 and PPDA Regulations No. 70 of 2003. Under these laws PPDA is mandated to formulate policies and regulate Public Procurement and Disposal Practices of all Procuring and Disposing Entities (PDEs)
The PPDA is seeking to recruit a qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandan to fill the following post.
ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (1 POST)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reports to the Manager, Finance and Administration and carries out the following duties:
1. Execute administration functions of the organization that include supervising office arrangements/layouts, rent, repairs cleanliness etc.
2. Keep a service maintenance and insurance (where applicable) record on all equipment and ensuring that the manufacturers and supplies warranties are observed and that all the equipment is serviced and maintained on time.
3. Ensure that all the Authority’s vehicles are properly licensed and insured.
4. Manage the Authority’s vehicle fleet and ensure timely maintenance.
5. Organize and arrange all workshops and seminars of the Authority.
6. Assist in the supervision of secretaries, drivers, receptionists, and office assistants.
7. Make travel arrangements for officers.
8. Perform any other duties as may be assigned to him/her within the scope of his/her duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a Bachelors honours degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, or Human Resource Management.
Three (3) years relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Computer skills.
- Communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Organizing ability.
- Ability to work under pressure.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Full time employee on a 3 year renewable contract and an attractive salary package.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Envelopes should be clearly marked “Application for the Post of Administration Officer.”
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
3 professional references are required.
Independent reference checks will be conducted.
A detailed CV including a hand-written application letter, copies of academic certificates and 2 current photographs of the applicant should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
5th Floor, Nakasero Towers
Plot 37/39, Nakasero Road
P.O. Box 3925
Not later than 20th June 2011 at 5.00 p.m.