Our client is a licensed franchisee of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) which is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain in the world with a network of stores across 109 countries. They will soon be expanding its footprint in East Africa by establishing a presence in Uganda in 2012.
We are seeking applications from positive and highly charged individuals interested in taking up leadership roles Restaurant General Managers. This is an excellent growth opportunity for progressive and highly talented individuals keen to develop their full potential.
This role entails providing leadership, supervision, support and guidance restaurant teams to achieve store and company goals and plans.
The ideal candidates should possess the following criteria:
• Business related degree
• Experience in a commercial environment preferably within the hospitality industry
• Strong customer focus with ability to manage client relationships and resolve complaints
• Must possess strong leadership capabilities including strong personal impact to motivate and drive performance whilst instilling discipline among the team
• Strong team management experience/skills with ability to motivate and mobilize high performance and maintain motivation levels that deliver the business objectives
• Strong sense of responsibility and accountability for overall performance of the restaurant as well as all other activities in the store including sales performance, service of cashiers, cash monitoring, health and safety compliance, stock control, staff development and team management.
• Willingness to work for long hours including weekends and public holidays with typical shifts being 8 hours long, some running late into the night (up to 11 p.m.) plus 1 hour to close the store (cash-up, stock etc).
• Able to work in a high pressure environment especially during peak meal times (lunch, dinner, month-end weekends)
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial potential to optimize business development opportunities
• Ability to take charge and control over varied situations that emerge in the store and ‘think on their feet’ for solutions to problems
• This is a process driven environment that requires disciplined individuals who will drive compliance with the set operational and business standards
• Successful candidates should be in a position to attend a 3 months intense training in Nairobi, Kenya commencing from May 2012.
Please forward an application letter indicating your suitability to this role, together with a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to: firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 16th March 2012. Interviews will take place at the end of March or Early April 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.