* To dispatch, transmit quality and reliable bulk power in a viable and efficient manner
* To be an efficient and commercially focused single buyer actor
* To mitigate emergency power situations in Uganda
The purpose of the position is to plan, supervise and execute all transmission lines related projects. The holder will report to Senior Project Engineer (Transmission Lines).
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Participate in the procurement of consultancy, turnkey (supply and installation of equipment) contracts for on going and proposed projects.
• Participate in the design of transmission lines and related facilities as part of the on going system expansion drive being undertaken by UETCL.
• Design and develop technical specifications for on going and proposed transmission line projects
•Supervise various consultants contracted by UETCL for design and supervision of transmission lines related to works
• Monitor transmission line projects in respect of agreed milestones and performance indicators.
• Prepare and review contracts, design and documentation carried out by UETCL consultants for procurement of works for transmission lines.
• Process tender evaluations and contract awards through authorities as outlined in Government of Uganda and multi lateral agency guidelines.
• Supervise all substation project designs, execution, in order to achieve Company objectives in a timely and economical manner.
• Coordinate and supervise all transmission line project designs, execution, in order to achieve Company objectives in a timely and
• Undertake the preparation of project implementation plans for planned transmission projects, including work programmes,budgets,and manning schedules.
The desired person should have the following essential requirements
•University Degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification.
•Post Graduate training in Project planning and Management or Business Administration will be of added advantage.
•Age: Not above 40 years.
•Significant experience in management of electricity projects in the power sector.
•Significant experience in substation works and projects.
•Significant experience with donor funded projects and reporting practices.
•Must have good supervisory and interpersonal skills,
•Must be computer literate,
•Must be able to withstand stressful work situations and have willingness to work long hours outside the normal hours.
•Possession of a valid National Driving Permit is desired,
•Prepared to drive to various project sites in the country.
•A person of high integrity, must be highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
For Positions 1, 2, 3 and 4:
* Appointment is on three (3) year contract renewable based on performance
For Positions 5 and 6:
Appointment is on five (5) year contract renewable based on performance
Attractive remuneration packages that are competitive.
Apply for this job
Suitably qualified persons should send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualifications certificates and testimonials along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, fax or e-mail and giving three referees to:
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
P, 0 Box 7625 KAMPALA
Phone: +256 41 4233433/4
Hannington Rd, Plot 10
Fax: +256 41 4341789
The closing date to receive applications is 08th October, 2010
UETCL VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT N0.04/2010.