Applications should be delivered to the Employment Division Office, Room 406, Top Floor, Main Building, Makerere University, and addressed to:
Closing Date: Friday 28th January 2011
Job Title: Helpdesk Assistant (01)
Reports to: End User Support Administrator
Salary Scale: Makerere University M.12
Required Qualifications: Diploma in an ICT related field from a recognized institution
Required Experience At least a year’s experience supporting users in a large organisation, demonstrable experience in dealing with computer hardware and software related problems, as well as web based applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Give routine help to users for hardware and software related help inquiries -
2. Document and direct inquiries beyond hers/his capacity to the End User Support Administrator and give feedback to users
3. Perform and document various information systems and services monitor reports from an end user perspective
4. Act as a liaison between the End user support unit and university unit system administrators.
5. Handling any other duties which may from time to time be assigned by the End User Support Administrator, DICTS
• Experience in hardware and software trouble shooting
• Good interpersonal skills
• Output-oriented work habits
• Good conceptual skills
• Initiative and innovation
Age Limit: Applicants should not exceed 50 years of age.
Tenure of Appointment: The appointment shall be for a contract period of Four years and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance following appraisal.