Job Title: Community Development Specialist, Mbarara, Uganda
PHP will be hiring a Community Development Specialist who will work with its Omukazi Namagara Program (ONP, a maternal and neonatal health initiative) to organize the implementation of the intervention in Kashongi and Kitura Sub-Counties of Kiruhura District. The selected candidate will initially be given a contract for the remainder of 2013, starting in approximately May/June 2013, with the possibility of renewal.
The Community Development Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
(1) collaborate with the district government and Kashongi and Kitura Health Center III's (HCIII) to help oversee the delivery of improved antenatal, intranatal, and postnatal services to women in the community;
(2) oversee Village Health Team (VHT) members in carrying out education activities and conducting follow-up visits to women in their homes during and after pregnancy;
(3) monitor medical supplies provided to the health centers;
(4) help oversee quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation of the ONP;
(5) prepare for future interventions that PHP can implement to address critical needs. Minimum Education Requirements: A bachelor's degree with relevant experience and/or training in running community-level health programs.
Applicants must be fluent in Runyankore.
Applicants should possess very strong computer skills, communicate effectively with others, exhibit strong organizational qualities, and be able to coordinate a multifaceted project.
The most competitive applicants will also demonstrate specific knowledge on maternal and neonatal health, as well as previous research experience.
Applicants who know how to drive may be viewed more favorably.
The Community Development Specialist will be expected to live in Kashongi Sub-County for the majority of the position's duration and will return to Mbarara periodically to complete necessary office work.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send a soft copy of their curriculum vitae and cover letter to Josh Greenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to submit a hard copy of your application, please contact Jordan Bateisibwa at 782-970-908 or 701-002-209. Applications should be submitted by April 12, 2013. Interviews will be scheduled in April/May 2013.