Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (PML) is the largest microfinance deposit taking institution in Uganda and is regulated by the Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. In order to strengthen its management capabilities, improve its governance and operational efficiency, PML is looking for a mature experienced individual to fill the position of an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR. This is a dream career opportunity for a highly dynamic creative and innovative astute performer within the financial and banking sector. The Executive Director will, among others be responsible for strategy formulation, Risk and Compliance Management, Corporate affairs, ICT and Administration and Procurement functions/ Departments.
The Executive Directors Reports to the Managing director and will be based at the Head Office in Kampala.
Responsibilities will include:
• Over see the preparation of PML’s Business plans and budget.
• Work with the MD and Heads of Departments n the development of an operating plan with the tactical team to guide PML in achieving its objectives and ensure business growth.
• Work with the MD to Coordinate, monitor and supervise all activities in PML’s network.
• Study the trends in the industry and advise management on the strategies to adopt in order to sustain PML’s core Business goals and expand it’s operations in a sustainable and effective
• Follow -up leads and prepare evaluations regarding potential new investments in PML and advise the Managing Director on the available options for further growth
• Advise the Managing Director on suitable approaches to resolving potential threats or short comings in the requirements for compliance with the industry regulations.
• Review board paper and ensure that they are sent to the board on a timely manner. Attend all board and committee meetings.
• Receive and review monthly reports from all departments and come up with an Executive Report on all aspects of PML.
• Over see the ICT, corporate affairs, Risk and Compliance, administration and procurement departments/ functions to ensure that all the staff are effectively and efficiently utilized so as to attain PML’s strategies and objectives.
• Participate in the recruitment and appraisal of staff that directly report to him/her.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the MD.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate shall be a holder of a masters degree in Business Administration, Masters in Finance and Banking and / or any related field with at least 6 years experience in a senior management position in a financial institution. Candidate with direct microfinance and banking experience will be at an added advantage. The candidate should be between 35 – 48 years of age.
• The ideal candidate should be a good team player with superb attention to detail, a good team player with unquestionable character and good interpersonal skills.
• Should possess a good personality and dynamism and should be able to pull colleagues together to build a strong team.
• Should possess public relations skills as he /she will often be required to represent the organization at various public fora.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, you desire to succeed and make a difference , then apply immediately and send a detailed CV, your current salary, copies of academics and professional certificates/ testimonials, postal address , names of 3 referees and a day time telephone contact of the Company Secretary , using the address below so as to reach not later than December 22,2011.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you do not hear from us by 31st March 2012; please consider your self unsuccessful.
PRIDE MICROFINANCE LIMITED (MDI),
Metropole House, Plot 8-10 Entebbe Road,
P.O Box 7566, Kampala.
Tel. No 0414246930/29
Deadline: December 22,2011