Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Salary Scale: U3
Reports to: Principal Procurement Officer
Responsible for: Procurement Officer
To coordinate, monitor and provide technical support in the implementation of Procurement and Disposal of assets function for the Local Government to ensure value for money.
i. Procuring goods and services in a timely and costeffective manner;
ii. Enforcing, adhering to procurement regulations (Government or Donor);
iii. Preparing bidding documents and contracts;
iv. Developing appropriate systems, procedures and guidelines for procurement secretariat and contracts committee;
v. Evaluating bids for high value and specialized procurements and disposals;
vi Preparing, administering and issuing approved contracts; and
vii. Liaising with suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services done.
• EITHER an Honors Bachelors Degree in Procurement/ Purchasing and Supplies or Business Administration (with a bias in Procurement and Supplies) or Commerce (with a bias in Procurement and Supplies), plus a post graduate Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized institution.
• OR full Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (GIPS) plus a post graduate Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized awarding Institution.
Should have at least three (3) years of relevant working experience as a procurement officer from a public or reputable organization.
• Procurement, Disposal and Contract Management;
• Information and Communications Technology;
• Ethics and Integrity;
• Concern for integrity and standards;
• Time management
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Mukono Municipal council
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (2008) to the Secretary, District Service Commission, P.O. Box 110, Mukono to be received not later than Monday 4th/March/2013.
The application forms are obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/ Department Headquarters and District Service Commission offices.
Hand written applications are also acceptable. Applicants should attach three (3) SETS OF CERTIFIED photocopies of their academic certificates and testimonials, plus three (3) recent passport photographs.
Those already in Government Service should route their applications through their Head of Departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Applicants who shall not hear from the District Service Commission on completion of the selection Exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Deadline: 4th March 2013