Job Title: Program Development Assistant (Services Delivery)
U.S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 053/2012 Date: 9/6/2012
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES: September 6-19, 2012
POSITION TITLE: Program Development Assistant (Services Delivery)
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, DO3 OFFICE
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-8 (Ugshs.35,778,240 to 51,509,351 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is seeking a qualified Ugandan for the position of Program Development Assistant (Services Delivery).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Provides program, project, financial and administrative support for the Service Delivery Team in USAID/Uganda’s Development Objective 3 (DO3) Health, HIV/AIDS, and Education (HHE) Office, and to other DO3 team members as needed.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: A University degree in business administration, management, finance, public health, or other relevant degree. Some administrative or management courses advantageous.
2. Work Experience: At least four years of substantive administrative experience in a work environment.
3. Language: Must be fluent in the English language.
4. Knowledge: A practical knowledge of business correspondence, database management, and budget preparation; familiarity and strong interest in public health issues related to HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, family planning, maternal and child health in Uganda is desired. Detailed and broad knowledge of the health and cultural environment in Uganda and factors affecting the Government of Uganda with regard to the local health program is desired. General knowledge of the Ugandan public sector health system donors and related private sector programs, as well as current health approaches in Uganda is preferred.
5. Skills and Abilities: Must be able to develop and maintain a range of working-¬level and management-level contacts on public health related topics, in governmental, non-governmental, and private-sector circles. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and coordinate well with others. Excellent office management, financial and administrative skills sufficient to track the performance of implementing partners, and program/project activities. Skills in computer software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database software; and the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and accurately. Exceptional diplomacy, tact, cultural sensitivity and team participation are important, in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships within USAID and with the public and private sectors.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) A completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174);
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By e-mail at KampalaHR@state.gov
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED
CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please
include all documents in one attachment.
Deadline: September 19, 2012