Job Title: Finance Officer - Youth Earning by Learning (YEL) (01 position)
Duty Station : Western Region, Ntoroko
Maintaining and undertaking of the timely daily processing of all SC financial transactions, reconciliations of accounts, checking Work Made Easy (WME) transactions before updating the Agresso ledgers, tracking outstanding and other financial contractual commitments. The position is also responsible for taking initiatives to ensure that funds are used in the best possible way and that there is general compliance and adherence with approved internal control measures and finance policies by the staff in the course of
undertaking their duties, ensure all the disbursements by SCiUG to partners are in conformity to the Partnership policy and that these are dully accounted for in time.
Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications:
• A Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration from a recognised university. Possession of a postgraduate qualification or professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ICSA etc is an added advantage.
• At least 2 year’s relevant working experience, preferably with International NGOs, with thorough understanding of GAAP and major donor standard requirements.
• Good financial management skills with knowledge of computer Accounting Packages and good understanding of major donors financial requirements, conditions and Government budgets
and tax policies.
• Self motivated with demonstrated ability to generate financial reports and meet set deadlines and with good integrity.
• Team player with good interpersonal/communication, documentation, and facilitation skills and the ability to work under minimum supervision. Computer literary and fluency in
English are a MUST.
• Ability to maintenance of personal professional development and competencies on financial issues.
• Diplomacy and Confidentiality.
• Effective interpersonal skills – oral and written communication skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Computer literacy skills – MS office applications, word, excel, PowerPoint, spread sheets.
• Ability and willingness to undertake periodic field travel to upcountry and in insecure areas.
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and copies of academic testimonials/ certificates should be submitted to;
The Head of Human Resources & Administration
Save the Children in Uganda
Plot 68/70, Kira Road
P O Box 12018
Or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The closing date for receiving applications is 14th September 2012. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th Sept 2012