Job Title: Logistics Officer - (01 position)
Duty Station : Northern Region, Amuru
The logistics officer will work under the direct control and supervision of the Sub Area Manager. The job holder will Support the district office on all administrative aspects relating to office and program implementation including procurement, transport / fleet management and warehousing /Finance in line with SC policies, procedures and guidelines.
Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications:
• A minimum of a diploma in Logistics and supply chain management or a relevant discipline. Additional or post graduate qualification in Logistics, Transport/Fleet or warehouse management is an added advantage
• A minimum of 2 years working experience in handling logistics generally and in emergency situation or conflict/post conflict situations in a reputable organisation, preferably an international NGO
• Excellent skills in written and oral communication
• A strong team player worker with good interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of local Government systems and procedures.
• Ability and willingness to undertake periodic field travel to upcountry and in insecure areas.
• Strong financial, planning and budget management skills and experience.
• Diplomacy and Confidentiality.
• Planning, organizing, facilitation and presentation skills.
• Computer literacy skills – MS Office applications, word, excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheets.
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and copies of academic testimonials/ certificates should be submitted to;
The Head of Human Resources & Administration
Save the Children in Uganda
Plot 68/70, Kira Road
P O Box 12018
Or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The closing date for receiving applications is 14th September 2012. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th Sept 2012