Council – (1 Post)
Reference: HRM 72/173/01/HQ
Salary Scale: U2
Reports to: Registrar Allied Health Professionals Council
Qualifications: • Must hold a Diploma in any of the Allied Health disciplines registerable by the Council.
• Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the disciplines registerable by the ouncil.
• Must have a Diploma in Health Services Management or Public Health or General Management.
Experience: Applicants should have a minimum of nine (9)
years working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at Principal Allied Health Worker level.
• Thorough knowledge of the regulations and role of the Council.
• Good knowledge of Health Services Management systems.
• Able to exhibit good management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be a person of high integrity
• Should have demonstrable analytical and decision making skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deputizes the Registrar Allied Health Professionals Council in all his/her duties.
• Ensures availability of Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics booklets for different cadres of Allied Health Professionals.
• Sensitizes the public on their rights/expectations from the Council and Health Workers.
• Participates in planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of Council activities and programmes.
• Assists the Registrar in the day to day running of the secretariat.
• Makes necessary alterations and corrections in the Registers in relation to any entry as may be directed by the Council from time to time.
• Oversees inspection process, ensures eligibility of applicants and suitability of
premises licensed for professional practice and collaboration with District Health Officers/Supervisory authority.
• Performs any other duty or function that may be assigned by the Registrar from time to time.
How to Apply:
THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
HEALTH SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the vacant
posts as specified hereunder. The job descriptions, where not indicated, or
any other details, can be obtained from the Health Service Commission
offices located at Workers House, 3rd Floor (Northern Wing), Plot No. 1,
Pilkington Road. Applications should be filled in triplicate on PSC Form 3
(Revised 2008) and submitted to the Secretary, Health Service Commission
P.O. Box 7452, Kampala, to be received not later than April 17th, 2012. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Forms can be obtained from the Health Service Commission Offices,
Ministry of Health Headquarters, Mulago and Butabika National Referral
Hospitals, Regional Referral Hospitals and offices of Chief Administrative
Officers. The form and advert can also be down loaded from the Commission
Hand written applications are also acceptable.
It is important to note that all services of the Health Service Commission and
the application forms are free of charge.
In regard to choices, an applicant may apply for a maximum of two (2)
relevant posts which must be filled in two separate sets of application forms
and by labeling the 1st choice as No.1 and the 2nd choice as No. 2.
All applications should bear the title of the post as well as its reference
number and the name of the Institution where it is tenable.
Candidates have been given a choice to directly apply for posts tenable at
Mubende, Kabale and Moroto Regional Referral Hospitals. Candidates so
applying will be specifically shortlisted, interviewed and selected for those
posts. Details of the posts are provided in the relevant table.
For the rest of the Regional Referral Hospitals, an applicant should clearly
indicate two names of preferred Hospitals by stating the 1st choice as No. 1
and the 2nd choice as No.2. These Hospitals are; Arua, Gulu, Lira, Soroti,
Hoima, Fort Portal, Mbarara, Masaka, Jinja and Mbale,
Applicants who are Serving Officers must route their applications through
their Heads of Department, who should be informed of the closing date to
avoid delay. Head of Department refers to the Head of the respective
Institution of the Applicant. Applications found to be in contravention of this
requirement will not be accepted.
Note that short listed candidates will be required to bring their original
certificates unlaminated. Candidates who will present forged certificates
shall be handed to the Police for appropriate action. Applicants must also
fulfill the following conditions:
i Attach three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs and
copies of their academic and professional certificates and
ii Attach copies of the letter(s) of appointment, confirmation and
promotion in case of serving officers. This includes applicants from
non Public Health Service.
iii In case of Health Workers who are required by law to register with
the relevant Councils, such applicants must be so registered; and
therefore have to attach copies of certificates of registration.
Similarly, all candidates who are required by law to possess
practicing license must attach copies of valid practicing licenses.
iv State clearly their contact physical addresses and telephone
number (s) or the nearest contactable person on the application
Deadline: 17th April 2012