Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Agricultural Advisory Services Officer; and Social development Officer
To support farm enterprise productivity and profitability through increased farmer access to improved technologies, quality advice and promotion of value chain development.
- Provide technical guidance on participatory planning, enterprise selection and technology development for advisory services and technology.
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of annual work plans, budgets and technical guidelines for the department
- Coordinate and supervise implementation of advisory srevices and technology development activities.
- Bachelors Degree in, Agricultural related Sciences, Agribusiness.
- A master of sciences in related field plus a PhD degree.
- Post graduate qualifications in management added added advantage
At least 7 years relevant experience, 3 of which, must have been at head of department level, with increasing seniority and responsibilities demonstrated in the planning management administration of agricultural or rural development projects in the public sector, perfomance monitoring and financing.
- Management of Organization environment
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership and team work
- High personal integrity and ethics
Applications with a detailed CV recent passport size photograph, names & addresses of two referees and the applicant's day time telephone contacts should be sent between 8.30a.m-5.00pm to:
The Chairman, NAADS Board of Directors,
P.O.Box 25235, Kampala
Plot 617/Bloc 4
rubaga road, Mengo, Office B
Deadline: 3rd October 2011 at 2.00p.m