Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reports To: Accountant
Salary Scale: U7
Age Limit: Below 40 Years
Job Ref: ADM. 561136/01 Vol.4 [6/13]
Terms of Service: Permanent terms
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an institution established under the provisions of Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the National Audit Act, 2008. The main function of the OAG is to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and of all public offices or bodies and/or organizations established by an Act of Parliament.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding EITHER a Diploma majoring in accounting from a recognized Institution OR an accounting technician certificate.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years working experience as an Accounts Assistant in the Public Sector or reputable private sector organizations. Hands on experience of computerized accounting packages will be an added advantage.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Accountant for performing the following duties:
• Handling full clerical duties that involve inputting approved invoices or payment requests into the payment system;
• Ensure proper filing and safety of payment vouchers:
• Preparing payment vouchers for all cash payments:
• Ensuring payment vouchers are attached to supporting documents;
• Maintaining books of accounts and financial records;
• Compiling accountability returns, verifying and retiring advances ledgers:
• Maintaining primary financial records and up-to-date books of accounts;
• Preparing periodic reconciliations of financial statements and carrying out monthly bank reconciliations;
• Following up payments to ensure beneficiaries are communicated to promptly;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
How to Apply:
Applications must be accompanied by:
• Detailed typed curriculum vitae which clearly support the competencies required above.
• Certified Copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
• Names of three (3) referees and their contacts.
• A recent passport size photograph.
• All applications should be submitted on Public Service Form 3 (revised 2008) obtained from Public Service Commission offices, Ministry/Department headquarters and District Service Commission offices.
• Applications through Post Office should be by registered mail.
• Applications received shall be acknowledged by this office.
• All serving officers should channel their applications through their Heads of Department.
• Late submissions shall not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to: The Auditor General Treasury Building, Plot 2/12 Apollo Kagwa Road
P.O. Box 7083, KAMPALA