focused organization working to protect and promote the rights of children with particular focus on preventing and redressing violations of children’s rights.
ANPPCAN Uganda Chapter seeks to recruit competent dynamic and creative individuals to join her team of passionate child advocacy
professionals in the following position:
Job Title : Programme Officer Research and Policy Advocacy
Reports to : Programme Coordinator Research, Information and Policy Advocacy
No. of vacancies : 1
Duty Station : National Secretariat, Kampala
• Undertake relevant research activities, collect, review, analyze and disseminate available and relevant information so as to
inform and guide ANPPCAN’s advocacy and public education work.
• Participate in lobbying and advocacy activities and contribute to positive advocacy outcomes at national and district levels.
• Identify, build and maintain strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in
planning, implementing, policy influencing and advocacy at National level.
• Prepare budgets and work plans, and ensure adherence to the approved work plans and budgets in program implementation.
• Undertake program monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with agreed organizational standards.
• Assist in identifying funding opportunities and writing grant proposals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Project Planning and Management,
Development Management or research and information related field obtained from a recognized institution.
• At least two years relevant experience in carrying out Social Research assignments and Advocacy initiatives /advocacy
programs in at local and national level.
• Good working knowledge and experience in the use of varied research methodologies and data analysis packages such as
SPSS is a must.
• Hands on experience in proposal writing, budgeting and budget management
• Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Age range of 23 – 35 years.
How to apply:
For more information about the job descriptions for all the above positions, please visit our website www.anppcanug.org.
Interested candidates should fill in and submit a Vacancy Application Form which is available on the website to email
address email@example.com. Copies of the application form can also be requested for via the above email
Closing date: Monday 21st of March, 2011 at 5:00 p.m.