Job Title: Program Assistant
Type of Contract: Fixed -Term
Level: ICS 5 (G5)
Duty Station: Moroto
Organizational Context and Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under overall guidance and supervision of the Representative and direct supervision of head of Moroto sub-office, the Program Assistant will:
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the sub-Office
- Facilitate incoming missions from Kampala or elsewhere
- Maintains filing system for UNFPA supported projects in accordance with established classification system.
- Drafts correspondences on programme related issues in consultation with programme officers
- Facilitate logistic support and security related issues
- Maintain Petty Cash for sub-office and submits accountability to Country Office as required
- Oversees vehicle management and submits monthly reports to the Country Office in a timely manner
- Initiate project needs assessment in consultation with programme specialists
- Overall management of sub-office premise and guest house occupied by staff
- On behalf of UNFPA Coordinates with WFP and other Agencies on matters relating to common services
- Acts as a focal point for UNFPA Assets in Moroto
- Supports Programme officers on programme financial related issues.
- Provides support to the sub-office by coordinating and monitoring relevant business processes and procedures and activities, paying attention to detail and adhering to deadlines.
- Effectively provides general research support from records, reports and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports on programme and project activities.
- Prepares and maintains records documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation
- Keeps the sub-office informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates
- Organizes meetings; Initiates and coordinates preparation of agenda and necessary documentation for meetings as well as workshops and conferences.
- Acts as Secretary to internal meetings.
- Drafts routine correspondences
- Performs other support duties as required
How to Apply:
1. Should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Applications should be less than 10MB. (This includes the Cover letter and the P11 Form). All applicants must fill the P11 Form.
3. The subject of the email should clearly reflect the position you are applying for and include your full names.
4. Only online applications will be accepted
• We will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom the Country Office has further interest.
• UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience
• UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
• UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity, and a healthy work life balance.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 25 February, 2013.