Based in Kampala (Ugandan nationals only)
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is working in over 33 developing countries across the world in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. The emphasis of our work is on poverty reduction and promotion of good governance through (1) increasing production, income and employment and (2)
increasing access to basic services in the sectors of water, sanitation & hygiene, and renewable energy.
SNV started working in Uganda in 1989 and we have offices in Mbale, Fort Portal, Arua and Kampala..
The SNV Finance Unit focuses on the following pillars:
1. Finance and administration
2. Planning and control
In order to ensure smooth operations in the Finance Unit, SNV is looking for short term support todeliver the following tasks:
1. Prepare and submit financial administration reports
2. Handle payment of suppliers, staff work advances and maintain petty cash;
3. Follow up on receipts and payments and reconcile bank balances
4. Manage liquidity levels;
5. Monitor time registration by SNV staff and third parties
6. Prepare budget depletion reports monthly,
7. Asset register maintenance and management
8. Deliver HR data for input into SAP;
9. Oversee monthly staff time writing
Duration of the assignment
The assignment is expected to last 6 months starting 1st February, 2012. The person shall work under the supervision of the SNV Country Controller.
The successful person shall meet the following criteria:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field from a recognized University
2. At least 3 years of experience in accounting work in a busy environment
3. Good analytical skills
4. Ability to meet deadlines and to work within a team
Interested candidates can send their motivation letter and CV to email@example.com by 14th January, 2012.