Job Title: Laboratory Technician –(11 Posts)
Salary Scale: U5 (plus good duty facilitation allowance)
Reports to: Senior Laboratory Technician
Responsible for: Senior Laboratory Assistant
To carry out basic laboratory tests for diagnosis of diseases
• Must have National Diploma in medical laboratory techniques or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Accountability for financial and other resources produced
• Laboratory test results and treatment harmonized
• Laboratory investigations done and results interpreted
• Advising clinical staff on proper collection, handling and transportation of specimen given
• Quality assurance in the laboratory observed
• Laboratory data compiled and stored
• Periodic reports submitted.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Managing and accounting for financial and other resources
• Liaising with ward management in the preparation of patients for laboratory test.
• Participating in proper collection, handling and transportation of specimens to the laboratory
• Carrying out laboratory analysis, interpreting results and submitting reports to clinicians.
• Ensuring that equipment is functional and well maintained
• Ensuring safety measures against hazards
• Participating in quality assurance for laboratories
• Participating in research activities
• Adhering to professional code of conduct and ethics
• Requisitioning for equipment and other supplies
How to Apply:
Compiling and submitting reports Ensures Applications should be filled in triplicate on PS Form 3 (Revised 2008) and submitted to the Project Coordinator, TASO Grants Management Unit, P. O. Box 10443, Kampala or hand-delivered to the Project
offices on First Floor, House of Hope at Plot 10, Windsor loop, Kololo, Kampala.
Applications to be received not later than Friday 8th February 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Forms can be obtained from the Health Service Commission Offices, Ministry of Health Headquarters, Wandegeya, Mulago and Butabika National Referral Hospitals, Regional Referral Hospitals and offices of Chief Administrative Officers.
The form can also be downloaded from the Commission website; www.hsc.go.ug. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
It is important to note that all services of the Health Service Commission and the application forms are free of charge. In regard to choices, an applicant may indicate their district of preference and languages fluently spoken, by labelling on the application letter.
All applications should bear the title of the post as well as its reference number. Applicants who are Serving Officers must route their applications through their Heads of Department, who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Head of Department refers to the Head of the respective Institution of the Applicant. Applications found to be in contravention of this requirement will not be accepted.
Note that short listed candidates will be required to bring their original certificates. Candidates who will present forged certificates shall be handed to the Police for appropriate action.
Applicants must also fulfill the following conditions:
i Attach three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs and copies of their academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
ii Attach copies of the letter(s) of appointment, confirmation and promotion in case of serving officers. This includes applicants from non Public Health Service facilities.
iii In case of Health Workers who are required by law to register with the relevant Councils, such applicants must be so registered; and therefore have to attach copies of certificates of registration. Similarly, all candidates who are required by law to possess practicing licenses must attach copies of valid practicing licenses.
iv State clearly, on the application forms, their contact physical addresses and telephone number(s) or the nearest contactable person.
Deadline: 8th Feb 2013