We need an Accountant for a fast-growing Hotel based in Kasese Town. The individual should be willing to stay and work in Kasese Town.
Job Title: Accountant
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Head the Accounts Department
• Supervise all other Accounting Clerks
• Make regular Financial Reports to be submitted to the MD
• Prepare monthly P&L statements
• Manage Staff Accounts, payroll, and leave
• Explain accounting policies to staff
• Establish, maintain, and co-ordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
• Recommend, develop, and maintain financial databases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems
• Resolve accounting discrepancies
• Interact with the internal and external Auditors in completing audits
• Any other duties assigned by senior management.
The candidate for the job should meet the following standards:
1. Hold a Bachelor of Business Administration & Management Degree with a bias in Accounting, from a recognized institution. A professional recognized Accounting certification will be an added advantage.
2. Have at least 2 years experience working in a similar position.
3. Be a good team player, with good communication skills.
4. Be organized and have a sharp eye for detail.
5. Have the ability to analyze and resolve conflict.
6. Be strong, energetic, focused, and self motivated.
7. Willing to stay and work in Kasese Town.
Interested individuals who meet the above requirements and can deliver, should send their application, CV and relevant documents/certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19th march 2012.