Type of Job Full Time - Exempt
External Job Description Job Title: Technical Operator
Reports To: Shift Packaging Manager
A Packaging line consists of 9 process machines (Depalletiser, Palletiser, Unpacker, Packer, Washer, EBI, Filler, pasteurizer,labeler).
The role requires one (at any one moment) to operate any of the packaging line process machines as per manufacturer’s stated (standard) operating procedures to produce product that meets stated quality requirements as per the quality standards in a very safe manner, while ensuring high plant reliability, minimal process and component waste.
This is executed with the support of a full time Shift Packaging Manager, and competent asset care and quality teams.
Ensure process and component wastes are below target; Execute duties under optimum cost.
The role involves working a twelve hour shift; Working night shifts; Coordinating operations up and downstream, logistics team and contracted supply chain team with its own set standards and KPIs.
UBL operates in a liberalized and competitive market. The consumer is now more discerning, and demands both quality and value for money.
The company seeks to perform all its activities in ways that prevent environmental pollution and ensure the occupational health and safety of its employees, contractors, suppliers and visitors.
Where as one is expected to operate a single machine at a time, the performance of machines upstream and downstream is key to one’s own performance; this requires need to provide team work at all times. There is need to challenge the existing situation and proactively provide/suggest possible solutions.
Purpose of Role:
To efficiently operate a Packaging process machine to produce high quality EABL products/services to meet both local and international standards in a safe environment and at the lowest cost.
(1) Operate any of the packaging line process machines as per manufacturer’s stated (standard) operating procedures with an OEE of 60%, to produce products that meet stated quality requirements as per the quality standards.
(2) Carry out scheduled preventive and corrective maintenance tasks to ensure targeted plant reliability of about 95%.
(3) Carry out basic quality checks through product testing, rectify anomalies and recommend for corrective action. This is aimed at achieving quality index of 98%.
(4) Ensure process and component wastes are below target (<1%).
(5) To consistently keep process records as required by the quality systems.
(6) Ensure safety requirements for self and those working around the machine are rigorously met. This is aimed at achieving zero harm/injury.
(7) Does on the job training to Interns/trainees and new recruits.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Ordinary Diploma in electrical engineering discipline
Key Skills / Personal attributes
- Engineering skills (mechanical/electrical/instrumentation)
- Operational system support skills as defined in the Capability matrix.
- Continuous improvement.
- Time management.
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Self driven with minimal supervision
- Keen to detail
- Change agent
-2 years in a FMCG environment
- Have worked on shift system 24hr [rotational.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 14th Sept 2012