Job Title: HEAD OF STORES & OPERATIONS
DUTY STATION : PRODUCT FACILITY, UHMG WAREHOUSE
REPORT TO : DIRECTOR PRODUCT FACILITY
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the inventory and movement of products in and out of the AFFORD/UHMG Warehouses/ Stores. The job holder is a key member of the management team, and contributes to the strategic direction of this business unit. The person for this position should have the capacity to work under minimum supervision, maintain systematic records, provide oversight stores management in the regional pharmacies, ensuring the timely smooth operations of the stock movements at all stores locations.
Key Responsibilities Stocks Management
1. To provide overall managerial responsibility over inventory; both commercial, consumables and third party commodities and movement of products in and out of the AFFORD/ UHMG Warehouses/ Stores both physically and electronically.
2. To ensure that regulatory requirements for drugs storage, warehouse maintenance and human resources are provided for, maintained in accordance with NDA set standards and as per internal and other external policies.
3. To install, and maintain security checks, controls and measures, oversights over stocks, records, documents and personnel within the warehouse custody
4. To design and manage Dispatch/Delivery of all goods to the customers as per approved orders with clear job and role segregations to ensure greater accountability is achieved
5. To ensure that loading/offloading of all products is personally supervised and signed by on the delivery note/GRN (Goods Received Note).
6. To ensure and record correct inventory of goods received and goods dispatched.
7. To supervise, control and ensure security of all stocks as well as staff in and out of the warehouse/stores.
8. To ensure that all products at the AFFORD/ UHMG warehouse will bear the status label and a Bin Card at all times which will be updated constantly as goods are received and delivered in real time.
9. To ensure that all products will be stored in a manner so that it is easily accessible on FEFO basis.
10. To ensure that Stocks of every product will be recorded by batch numbers, quantity and expiry dates.
11. To provide support and documentation at the end of every month to designated personnel who will take stock count at the end of each month.
12. To maintain electronic as well as physical stock management.
13. To prepare a monthly report of all physical stocks including closing stock for each product, stock in hand that is invoiced but not delivered, expired stocks, damaged stocks (if any) and opening balance for each product for the following month.
14. To supervise the work of the warehouse assistant as well as other support staff in the stores.
15. To allocate daily duties to other support staff at the warehouse.
16. To provide stewardship and management of overall operations that manages the value chain and ensure achievement of minimum standard of services
17. To coordinate and plan i9nbound and outbound logistics in a manner that creates fluidity and efficiency within the operations
18. To ensure and strives for greater customer satisfaction by way of timely and effective delivery of goods
19. To organize and manage operation fleet, offering onsite and offsite supervision to the delivery team while liaising with the administration, sales and finance department
20. To continuously evaluate operations model with reference to market demands, benchmarking with market leaders and suggesting new operations strategies to ensure building competitive edge in the industry
21. To evaluate UHMG market presence, distribution location and reach and suggest effective ways of meeting the demands of customers in various territory and sector
Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy, studies relevant to Logistics and Supply-Chain management, procurement and stores.
Computer literate with hands-on experience in warehousing, stores, distribution and software packages to manage inventory and stock movement electronically is a must.
Membership in professional organizations; CIPS, CIM, ICASA, PSU.
At least 5 years work experience in Warehouse and Supply-Chain management.
Robust understanding of stores, warehouse and distribution management. Clean track records with references of previously managed operations and stores.
Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and result-oriented skills, experience in managing objectives with the customer in mind.
Good judgment, initiative, tactful, ability to plan, organize and measure outcomes of interventions.
Exemplary honesty, with a high level of energy and integrity, and able to work under minimum supervision.
Should be in position to work in a team and make positive contributions.
How to Apply
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, whose vision is Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans’. We envision a Ugandan society with good life, when products and services in Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and Child Health are accessible, affordable and effectively utilized by all those in need. Our Mission is “To improve the quality of life of Ugandans, through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions.” Our Core Values are; Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
UHMG is currently expanding and is seeking for dynamic qualified individuals to fill the following positions as part of its team.
To apply: Send or deliver your CV, copies of certificates and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope” to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager,
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG),
Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda,
or to P. O. Box 4553, Kampala.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE DELIVER YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THE UHMG HEAD OFFICE RECEPTION
Deadline: 2nd Feb 2013