A leading pharmaceutical distribution company in Uganda with a 12 year experience in the pharmaceutical distribution industry is seeking to recruit a highly experienced, qualified, self-driven and competent individual to fill the role of the Financial Accountant with strong management and team working skills. The post would involve supporting the Finance function and participates in studies to improve the operational and fi nancial effectiveness of the Company; extracting fi nancial data from various accounting and information systems; Performs fi nancial and cost accounting analysis of data.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Analyses fi nancial data and defines elevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and to support management decision making. Use this data to prepare
monthly financial management reports.
• Develop financial tools and reports for forecasting, trend analysis and result analysis.
• Support financial accounting by preparing entries to accounts and document business transactions.
• Support the development of the annual operating budget through consultation with other departments.
• Perform budget to actual analysis of fi nancial results and document explanations and action points for
• Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies.
• Reviews costs and performs cost benefit analysis related to new projects, products and planned strategies.
• Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
• Managing a team of Accountant to the fulfilment of quality output of accounting jobs.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Commerce or related fi eld
• Professional accounting qualifications such as CPA, CIMA, ACCA, CA and ICAEW.
• Excellent working knowledge of computerised accounting systems;
experience in SAP accounting package will be an added advantage.
• 3-5 years of professional experience in financial accounting, auditing, financial analysis in a reputable company, minimum of two years working experience in financial accounting, auditing and fi nancial
analysis in a reputation organization.
• Excellent communication and report writing skills.
• Personal skills such as effective time management, integrity and open mindedness.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and have the required credentials, please forward your detailed CV including your names, present position, email address, day time telephone contact, copies of your certificates and at least three professional referees by 4th March 2011 to the following address:
Human Capital Solutions
Edes & Associates Consultants Limited
22 Entebbe Road – 2nd Floor Conrad Plaza
P.O. Box 21984 Kampala, Uganda
Tel. +256 414 250504
Fax. +256 – 414 345139