NATIONAL WATER AND SEWERAGE CORPORATION
National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) a leading organisation in the water sector in Uganda with a vision to be one of the leading water utilities in the world seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position mentioned below:-
JOB TITLE: Manager Procurement
REPORTS TO: Chief Manager, Finance & Accounts
As a key member of the Management Team, the person holding this position is responsible for developing, managing, supporting and providing strategic direction to the procurement function of NWSC.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB
1) To manage the procurement and disposal unit activities of NWSC.
2) To ensure value for money and timely procurement of goods, services & works to meet internal customer requirements within the agreed time frames.
3) To ensure compliance with PPDA and international procurement regulations.
4) To ensure value for money timely disposal of assets to meet customer requirements within the agreed time frames.
5) To ensure the NWSC annual consolidated procurement and disposal plans are prepared and implemented in line with the Corporation’s strategic plans and budgets.
6) Ensure effective communication with user departments and provide feedback to them on the status of their procurement requisitions.
7) Ensure that the periodic statutory and administrative reports on all procurements are prepared, compiled and dispatched.
8) Professional guidance on procurement and disposal and capacity building of key stakeholders in the procurement cycle.
• A Masters Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics Management, Business Administration and Management from a reputable educational institution.
• Professional qualification in Procurement, CIPS or Supply Chain Management.
• Minimum of 8 years work experience with four years at senior management level in a large and busy reputable organization.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of PPDA Act, Regulations, Guidelines and procedures and international procurement.
• Age Limit: Below 45 years of age.
(4) COMPETENCIES: The individual should:
• Have a proven track record of high integrity and honesty.
• Possess advanced contracts formulation, evaluation and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of computer and e-procurement.
• Possess strong leadership skills, be able to motivate and influence others.
• Be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should send their applications with copies of their academic and professional qualifications addressed to the Human Resource Manager, P.O. Box 7053 Kampala or hand deliver them at NWSC Head office Plot 39 Jinja Road.
All applications should reach us not later than 06th July 2012 before 5:00pm.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 6th July 2012