Grade: GS 4
Duty Station: Kampala
Type of Contract: Temporary Appointment
Duration: Six Months
Purpose of the post:
Under the general supervision of the Warehouse Assistant, the Logistics Assistant is responsible for, but not limited to the following: Work independently if deployed on field mission to support field distributions, field warehouse or to work in UNICEF Gulu warehouse location; Check incoming cargo for quantity, quality, and packing and report any discrepancies; Release supplies to end beneficiaries according to the release orders and prepare waybills/issue vouchers, gate passes for all dispatched supplies; Ensure proper storage of goods and accurate updating of bin cards; In coordination with the Warehouse Assistant supervise ancillary/casual labours Assist with periodic inventory reconciliation and monthly/weekly random inventory check. Assist with the proper filing of all documents related to the warehouse operation.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications and skills: Secondary school education. Supplemented with a course in logistics, storekeeping or transport management is a bonus. Two years working experience in logistics, warehousing, transport management or store keeping or a combination of the above. Emergency field logistics experience and distribution experience highly desirable. Experience working with UNICEF preferred. Computer skills. Knowledge of Word Processing and Excel spreadsheet application desirable. Foundational: Commitment, Drive for Results, Integrity, Self-awareness and self-regulations and Teamwork. Functional: Building Trust, Communication, Judgment and Tact.
1. ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered
2. UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
4. If applications are sent by email, please use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_MukasaApplication.
5. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
6. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 13 December 2010. Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist, UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street, PO Box 7047, Kampala Uganda
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org