• Reports to the Technical Advisor Pharmaceutical Information Portal; and works closely with the District teams to ensure the successful roll out a maintenance of the electronic Medicines Management Information System (eMMIS) at the hospitals.
• Coordinates and supervises the design and roll out of data collection and analysis tools to be used by eMMIS supervisors.
• Supervises SURE M & E.LMIS coordinators.
• Collaborates with national level partners to ensure automated systems are able to generate medicines commodity data necessary for planning and monitoring of drug logistics.
• Ensures that deployed systems are efficiently functional.
• Works closely with data Warehouse Architect to ensure the deployed systems generate then feed required raw data, t the Pharmaceutical Information Portal at MOH.
• Degree in information technology, Health information systems r degree in Pharmacy/ logistic management combined with strong computer skills. Masters degree or equivalent experience is an added advantage.
• Strong computer skills.
• Experience in network and systems administration.
• Experience in data management and system integration.
• Experience in conceptualization and design of automated health information systems preferably in the field of health.
• Knowledge of M&E including development and data analysis.
• Knowledge of best practices in health commodities supply chain management in the public sector.
• Working experience in Uganda public health sector is added advantage.
• Excellent communication and documentation skill and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Pharmaceutical Field Coordinator - Mbarara SURE Project
• Provide support to districts under Uganda SURE inn planning, implementing and monitoring pharmaceutical management.
• Work with district health management teams to ensure all SURE technical assistance capacity building and pharmaceutical information system are adequately implemented.
• Coordinate pharmaceutical management supervision activities in the assigned districts to ensure all districts and sub-districts are able to adopt good practice.
• Provide support to national pharmaceutical.
• Bachelors degree in pharmacy or equivalent
• At least 3 years work experience in providing pharmaceutical management services.
• Long term working experience in Uganda with
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other stake holder sin developing creative and strategic solutions to achieve common goals.
• Capacity building skills and experience.
• Demonstrated strong organizational administrative and communications skills including excellent writing skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively in he assigned region.
Assistant Pharmaceutical Field Coordinators – Lira Mbarara SURE Project
• Under SURE, provides support to assigned districts in planning, implementing and monitoring pharmaceutical management interventions.
• Works closely with district health management teams to ensure all SURE technical assistance capacity building and pharmaceutical information systems activities are well implemented and results documented.
• Ensures all lower level facilities are regularly supervised.
• Ensures performance assessment is done during supervision.
• Assist in assessing, analyzing and reporting on the pharmaceutical situation in the districts and health sub districts.
• Pharmacist, pharmacy technician, or degree in a health area with demonstrated experience in supply chain.
• Work experience of at least 3 years in health commodities supply chain.
• Experience in supervision and performance monitoring of health facilities in health commodities logistics management.
• Long term working experience in Uganda
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other stake holder sin developing creative stand strategic solutions to achieve common goals.
• Demonstrated strong organizational administrative and communication skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the assigned region.
Quality Assurance Specialist – STRIDES for Family Health Project
• Development and implementation of the STRIDES quality assurance/performance improvement activities in the 15 collaborating districts at both public and private health facilities.
• Develop basic standards of care at each level.
• Degree in public health or related field of job
• At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in developing, implementing an monitoring quality assurance programs in health.
• Demonstrated ability to plan an coordinate with a variety of collaborators i
• Excellent communication and computer skills.
• Relevant clinical experience is considered important advantage.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess ANN Drive Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 71419
Dead line: 4th February 2011.