The Makerere University Walter Reed Project [MUWRP) is a non- government, non- profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJFJ. The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate communicable disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support and surveillance of influenza and other emerging infections. The Project is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below;
• Bachelors degree in Medicine & Surgery or Health-related field
• Masters degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Clinical Research
• Minimum of 5 years of post-qualification Research experience.
-minimum of 3 years experience in development and successful grant writing .
- strong leadership, communication and writing skills
-Good interpersonal skills
- fluency in verbal and written english
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to professionally communicate in writing, verbally or other means deemed appropriate.
OTHER REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/ TRAINING:
• Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training.
• Ethics Training
• Knowledge of International and Ugandan Regulatory Procedures.
PHYSICAL ABlLI’TY: The ability to travel within the work site including Makerere University, Kampala as well as field sites in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma Districts. – •
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The incumbent will serve as the Research Manager for the Makerere University / Walter Reed Project (MU/WRP). The individual will work under the immediate supervision of the MUWRP Director.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their, letter, including a CV, (with 3 referees and supporting documents to:
The human resource administrator
Makerere university walter reed project
Plot 42 nakasero road
Po box 16524, kampala
Deadline: Monday 23rd April 2012