EMPLOYER Bukomero Development Foundation
Working in Partnership with One World Foundation Africa.
LOCATION Bukomero Trading Centre
ACCOUNTABLE TO Executive Director
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE Initially One Year Contract
Purpose of the Post
Like any other NGO we rely on fundraising from trusts, corporate and individual
donors to support our work. As a pilot initiative, initially for one year, we would like to
recruit an innovative and highly enthusiastic fundraiser to help undertake research to
inform approaches and facilitate the development of application forms to selected
individuals, corporate and trusts as a way of fundraising for our work.
1. To establish a portfolio of donors, corporate and trust fundraising activities.
2. To research and develop a pipeline of donors, corporate and trust support.
3. To work with our partners in UK and BDF members of staff like the
Communications and Advocacy Coordinator, OVC Coordinator, Livelihood
Coordinator, HBC Coordinator and HCT Coordinator to ensure that donor
opportunities are effectively packaged, managed and solicited.
4. To work with key figures to secure gifts to support our existing and as well as
developing new activities.
5. To Map networks and connectivity to support beneficial relationships for the work
of the organization.
6. To develop new, key revenue streams in a structured and managed fashion.
7. To be a key contributor to the fundraising programme – providing enhanced donor
care, high net worth individuals, corporate donors and trusts
8. To develop and implement successful solicitation plans for identified prospects
9. To participate in the development of PR & Fundraising strategic plans
10.To manage and maintain an accurate and up-to-date donor database and filing
system that underpins the administration of the program.
11.To take forward specialist projects as shall be assigned from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
1. A university degree, relevant to this role, from a recognized institution.
2. Self motivated and target driven -success in the role will be measured by actual
results, using performance data.
3. Ability to demonstrate people skills and achieve targets.
4. A people person with excellent communication, interpersonal and networking
5. Ability to write evocative and inspiring fundraising applications.
6. Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
7. Ability to be proactive in developing relationships with funders and influential
8. Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
9. A good understanding of how to compose and present opportunities for support or
10.Developed research skills on fundraising.
11.Understanding of, sympathy with and a passionate commitment to the overall
aims of BDF and work of our partners.
12.Well organized and able to manage own time and workload to meet tight
13.Experience of managing information using electronic (e.g. databases) and paper
systems, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
14.A good knowledge of and understanding of a wide range of computer packages.
15.Excellent project management skills
16.Extensive previous experience of fundraising, particularly from major donors,
corporate or trusts
17.Knowledge of customer database administration and use of a wide range of pc
18.Knowledge of E based fundraising like Twitter and Social Network fundraising.
19.Extensive experience of events management
20.Extensive understanding of fundraising within the NGO sector both here in
Uganda and overseas.
Applications are invited from all candidates without discrimination. However, we
would be delighted to hear from female candidates and people living with or affected
by HIV/AIDS. To apply please complete our application form and send it as per
instructions by the 1st July 2011. CVs will not be considered.
How to Apply :
To apply please complete the application form and send one copy by email and one hard copy to our offices at the following address;
Bukomero Development Foundation
Bukomero Trading Centre, Hoima Road, Kiboga
P.O.Box 15, Bukomero-Kiboga,
Uganda, East Africa
or to the offices of
The Bible League Uganda
Plot 99 Masaka Road
Mugema ,Samona Road,Kampala
Deadline: Friday the 1st July 2011.
Get applications forms here