Description of the company and business
MobiCash (U) Limited, is a universal payments solution that offers anyone with a cell phone (even the oldest of cell phones) a convenient, simple, easy to use mobile payment and banking at low transaction fees regardless of the device or the mobile network operator you use.
In our own on-going growth plan, we would like to hire quality, young, dynamic and aggressive professionals to fill the following position
The position will be a key role in the information management system of MobiCash, by being responsible for maintaining the computer systems of a company including server management and also be responsible for installing, maintaining and upgrading servers. You will also ensure that the servers are backed up, and that the server data is secure from unauthorized access. Certain light programming tasks (usually scripting, which involves writing programs to automate tasks) shall also be expected of you every now and then.
You will be required to handle specific IT tasks that have been assigned by the CTO and are expected to work with or without supervision. You must be a disciplined person with flexible approach towards the assigned work and have multitasking abilities.
Your duties are wide-ranging, and vary widely from one organization to another and will be charged with installing, supporting, and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. Other duties may include;
• User administration (setup and maintaining account)
• Maintaining system
• Verify that peripherals are working properly
• Quickly arrange repair for hardware in occasion of hardware failure
• Monitor system performance
• Create file systems
• Install software
• Create a backup and recovery policy
• Monitor network communication
• Update system as soon as new version of OS and application software comes out
• Implement the policies for the use of the computer system and network
• Set up security policies for users. [You will have a strong grasp of computer security (e.g. firewalls and intrusion detection systems)]
• Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
• Performing routine audits of systems and software.
• Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
• Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
• Troubleshooting any reported problems.
• Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
• Candidates must have at Least 3 years of Linux (Debian, Ubuntu etc), and desktop experience and knowledge of Cisco Routers and/or switches. Experience with MySQL database, and firewall experience a plus.
Personal qualities, skills and experience:
Typically a candidate for the role will hold a University degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) and is most likely to be expected to be able to demonstrate progress and achievement in their career to date. Most recently, they will have worked in a similar role where they will have worked for a minimum of 3 years. Knowledge of business functions is also important, as is the ability to communicate with other employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles. To progress to more senior roles, a system administrator should have some knowledge of project management
Demonstrated ability to work with and lead a team, be detailed and customer service oriented with a high level of proficiency with MS .
Fluency in written and oral English is a pre-requisite, and all responses should be submitted in English.
All interested applicants will submit their CVs together with an application letter with the Job applied for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not later than 7th July 2011