Reports to: Managing Director
Plan and implement effective sales strategies and monitor the progress of new/existing products; as well as provide operational management support on a day to day basis for business development. Chief business Officer oversees the Business structure of the bank as approved and ensures achievement of budget (Liability, Risk Assets, and Profit)
- Make business decisions and support the Managing Director on strategic business issues
- Prepare the annual marketing plans and strategies for liability and asset generation to enable Business achieve targeted growth objectives
- keep the bank's strategy in focus at all times. Ensuring that the team aligns with the bank's strategy and bench marking market changes in the local and international market.
- Directly supervise the activities of the group Heads for retail and commercial Banking Groups.
- Ensure that cost is managed through optimal deployment of resources.
- Approve and recommend where necessary, the creation of quality risk assets
- First Degree in any field (In addition to a Masters degree in any social Sciences or an MBA or any professional/ Banking related qualifications)
- Must have at least 10 years experience of which 8 must have been in the banking industry.
- Selling and Negotiation skills
- Leadership skills and aggressiveness
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Proactive and decisive
- Creativity and passion for business
- Customer centric