U. S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 008/2012 Date: 04/12/2012
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING DATE: April 13, 2012
CLOSING DATE: April 26, 2012
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Helper; FP-DD; FSN-2
POSITION LOCATION: GSO Warehouse - Wankoko
HOURS OF WORK: Full time; 40 hours /week
"The American Embassy is seeking for 5 individuals for the position of Maintenance Helper."
Note: All applicants who are not family members of USG employees officially assigned to post and under Chief of Mission authority must be residing in country and have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Assigned to the Facilities Maintenance under the supervision of a shop foreman performing intermediate basic mechanical and semi-skilled maintenance repairs/labor related tasks.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education required: Completion of elementary school is required.
2. Work Experience: Two years of maintenance or construction work experience is required.
3. Language Requirement: Level I (Rudimentary) English ability is required.
4. Knowledge: Names and uses of maintenance and construction equipment/materials and basic safety requirements are required.
5. Skills: Ability to perform basic tasks, manual duties, and proper handling of equipment and materials is required.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and visa status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their appointment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicants work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see section 3A below for more information); plus
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g. essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
3A. If an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, s/he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the UAE.
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for work
E. First, Middle, & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; If yes, provide number)
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification No.
J. Eligibility to work in the country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver's License Class/Type
M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Nsambya Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
Or by e-mail:
Deadline: April 26, 2012