Job Title: Project Officer Basic Education and Literacy Boost - (01 position)
Duty Station : Northern Region, Amuru
The Job holder will take responsibility to support the planning process, monitoring and implementation of the CHANCE Education Projects to promote safe, supportive schools and communities that increase vulnerable and marginalized children’s participation in education, their retention and transition into formal education.
Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications:
• A minimum of a Degree in Humanities or a relevant discipline. Additional or post graduate qualification in Education is an added advantage
• At least two (2) years work experience with a good understanding of Community Education and training skills, particularly about CHANCE Education Module.
• Understanding of lower Local Government policies on child issues and how to contribute to their development with sensitivity and diplomacy, based on the CRC.
• Written and oral reporting skills translating into the ability to transform experiences from field into lessons learnt and document those.
• Familiarity with child rights especially related to nondiscrimination, participation and protection issues in and around education.
• Community Mobilization and negotiation skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Computer literacy skills – MS Office applications, word, excel, PowerPoint, Spread sheets
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and copies of academic testimonials/ certificates should be submitted to;
The Head of Human Resources & Administration
Save the Children in Uganda
Plot 68/70, Kira Road
P O Box 12018
Or on email: email@example.com
Note: The closing date for receiving applications is 14th September 2012. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th Sept 2012