Job title: Accountant
REPORT TO: Managing Director
Job Description (Duties):
SUMMARY OF DUTIES;
The Accountant is the key personnel for all financial record keeping , compliance to financial regulations and policies, monitoring of financial controls and maintaining compliance to budgeting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage everything related to finance for both control of income and expenditure.
* Review client contracts to obtain a thorough understanding of the financial stipulations.
* Prepare accurate monthly reports i.e. annual profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, revenue analysis reports, VAT, NSSF, PAYE and any others required by the 15th day of the following month.
* Analyze, review and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control.
* Resolve accounting discrepancies.
* Maintain accurate financial records and prepare clear reports for informational, auditing and operational use.
* Recommend and update accounting policies and provide orientation and staff training.
* Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transaction.
* Supervise and handle data entry into the financial software.
* Co-ordinate and participate in the internal and external auditor processes working alongside the auditors.
* Maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information and reports.
* Compliance with regulatory bodies and timely submission of all financial statutory requirements.
* Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting control procedures.
* Oversee the company reconciliation process to ensure submission in a timely manner.
* Initiate a rigorous collection process on invoices to avoid cash insufficiences.
* Monitor the accuracy of payroll entries and their timely submission.
* Monitor and manage the "employee advances" account to ensure collections are made in a timely manner and the amounts are not over advanced.
* Supervise junior account or Accounts Assistant.
* Any other duties and responsibilities assigned.
* Knowledge of standard practices, procedures and documentation used in financial transactions and advanced bookkeeping.
* Conversant with Quickbooks and MS Office Applications.
* Attention to detail.
* Knowledge of financial regulations and policies as per Uganda Revenue Authority.
* Knowledge of international financial reporting standards.
* Ability to understand financial policies and procedures and experience in effecting compliance.
* Ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders.
* Hands on information on accounting tools for making monthly reports and trial balance sheets, cash etc.
* Back stopping, evaluation and monitoring skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Must have a degree in Business Administration with Accounting option.
* CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
* Minimum of 5 years experience.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit in person a typed up-to-date CV and application letter with copies of your academic papers.
NFT Consult – Uganda,Kisozi Complex, Plot 6/8 Kyaggwe Road, Nakasero
Tel: +256 0414237904 / 24, 0312266904
NFT Consult - Rwanda, Plot 8721, Golf Course Road, Nyarutarama, Kigali, Rwanda.
Tel: +250 252570099, +250 0755335419, +250 0785119453.
If applying online, please send an email to email@example.com.
Attach your CV and application letter ONLY; please merge them into ONE file in MS word or PDF format.
DO NOT attach scanned academic papers or documents when applying online.
Ask us about our CV Banking services.