Job Title: Budget Analyst
U. S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 010/2013 Date: 02/11/2013
OPEN TO: All Qualified Locally Employed Staff
POSITION: Budget Analyst; FP-5; FSN-9
OPENING DATE: February 12, 2013
CLOSING DATE: February 25, 2013
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
"The American Embassy is seeking an individual for the position of Budget Analyst in the Financial Management Section."
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Financial Specialist, the incumbent oversees multiple post budgets and will be responsible for budget formulation in conformance with approved guidelines, budget monitoring and reporting as well as response to data calls. Performing research and computations necessary to establish cost and expense levels for financial plans and provide justifications for the same. Ensuring that obligations and expenditures are in accordance with the budget. Advise agencies through the Financial Management Officer on variations in the budget and recommend alternatives and options in order to ensure that there
is adequate funding for the various programs. Ability to forecast and project expenditure and advise agencies on adequacy of available funding and need for reprogramming. Report preparation for assigned agencies and the Financial Management Officer.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education required: Completion of a university degree in either of the following; Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Social Sciences, Arts, Education, Social Work and Social Administration, Law, Commerce, Finance, Ethics and Development are required.
2. Work Experience required: Three years of progressively responsible experience in financial management and budgeting with a computerized system, or cashiering is required.
3. Language required: Level IV English ability (fluent written, spoken and reading).
4. Knowledge required: A good working knowledge of budgeting fundamentals, forecasting techniques and financial management is required.
5. Skills and Abilities required: Must be able to relate funds management with mission, programs and projects at post. Must be able to understand budget management and implications of changes of priorities. Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills and ability to articulate complex issues both orally and written is required.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and visa status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their appointment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174).
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicants work experience attached as a separate sheet.
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae.
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g. essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Deadline: 25th Feb 2013