Job Title: Project Accountant – EC WASH Project (1 position) based in Kampala
The position reports to the Project Coordinator and will be responsible for day to day operations of the Project and partner activities in Kamuli, Luwero and Tororo districts on all finance related matters.
Major Responsibilities /Key result areas
1. Participate in budget preparation, management and control
2. Prepare all project financial reports and other documentation according to agreed upon EC guidelines
3. Assist the Project coordinator to manage the project budget in line with set policies and guidelines
4. Ensure proper management and maintenance of project assets i.e. furniture, fixtures and fittings,
vehicles, computers, motor cycles, etc including
those used by the partner.
5. Fleet management of project vehicle and cycles including fuel and cost controls including those used by the partners if any
6. Proper management of asset registers i.e. regular updating, insurance, disposal planning and proper utilization.
7. Proper management of project inventory/ stationary stocks and reconciliations
8. Any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Competencies and Experience
A University Degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a bias in Accounting
At least 3 years working experience in a busy organization preferably in an NGO
Experienced in Microsoft office applications i.e. excel, word, access and power point and accounting software packages such as SUN, Tally, Sage
Skills and experience in Fleet , Asset and stores management preferably in an NGO
Team building and strategic planning skills,
Strong problem solving ability and comfortable with multi-tasking
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Strong analytical skills.
Suitably qualified candidates should submit a handwritten letter of application (indicating preferred location) together with a CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of additional relevant certificates, names and contact details (including email addresses) of three references, plus salary history, to the undersigned not later than 16th February, 2011.
People & Culture Manager, Plan Uganda
P.O. Box 12075, Kampala
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 28th February, 2011.
As a child centered development organization,
Plan strives to ensure that children are kept safe in all the areas we operate. The organization further has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign. Potential candidates are required to undergo an extensive child protection background check including a police check.