Job Title: TRACTOR DRIVER - One (1) post.
Salary Scale: NARO Grade UR7.
Nature of employment: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Undertaking routine and preventive maintenance of tractor by checking and topping-up the level of fuel, oil, water, battery electrodes and tyre pressure before operating the tractor
2. Inspecting the tractor oil, hydraulic lines and other components, some of which are located underneath.
3. Regularly cleaning the tractor and its implements, changing tyres as well as making minor repairs or adjustments and calibrations.
4. Ensuring that the tractor is covered by an appropriate motor vehicle insurance policy and requesting for renewal before the policy expires.
5. Operating tractor and trailer to transport farm products, livestock and materials to specified locations. Dismount and mount the tractor frequently to adjust implements and inspect its fluids and other components.
6. Attaching tractor implements such as graders, plough, discs and backhoes. Operating tractor and implements to plough and furrow agricultural land for precision planting of seed crops
7. Loading and offloading farm products, livestock and other material supplies with due regard to environmental safety
8. Maintaining records of the tractors daily activity showing journey, mileage, fuel, oil and signature of authorizing officer to account for all the journeys made.
9. Observing traffic and safety precautions in order to prevent accidents and to avoid traffic violations. In addition, undertaking first aid in case of injuries.
10. Reporting tractor accident to the traffic police, Estate Maintenance Officer and the Farm Manager, obtaining police abstract report and completing insurance accident report form in conformance to traffic rules and regulations.
11. Requisitioning for fuel, lubricants and spare parts and maintaining a record accounting for the same.
12. Taking the tractor for major service or repairs in accordance with planned preventive maintenance schedule or insurance accident report.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience.
Valid Tractor Driving Permit without any endorsements. Uganda Certificate of Education (“O” Level) with a pass in English Language.
Two (2) years relevant experience operating tractors and attached implements
Tenure of office:
Four (4) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Should not be above 45 years.
Interested persons who meet the requirements above should submit / hand deliver their applications together with detailed CVs giving day time telephone numbers and names and addresses of three referees as well as copies of professional certificates and transcripts to the;
Director of Research:
Mbarara Zonal Agricultural Research & Development Institute,
4 Km Mbarara - Kasese rd,
P.O. Box 389, Mbarara.
Deadline for receiving applications is Friday December 9, 2011 at 5:00Pm.