CARE International in Uganda (CARE) works with others to make a sustainable improvement in the lives of the very poor. Our program implementation is focused on supporting communities in their achievement of; sustainable economic rights and livelihood, conflict resolution and peace building, good governance and social protection. Our operations are guided by key values i.e., excellence,
accountability, respect, integrity and transparency. Our programs continue to expand as new funds are secured to support new projects and create competitive employment opportunities as here below:
CARE International in Uganda is offering two exciting employment opportunities for the position of Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinators in Gulu and Fort Portal.
Summary of Responsibilities:
CARE International is currently transiting from project to a program approach-a process that involves re-focusing programming strategies and interventions to sustainably address specifi c issues of poverty and marginalization among clearly identifi ed ‘population group’s.
The Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinators (PME&L) will be responsible for setting up and monitoring the implementation of the program level impact measurement system and ensuring that M&E systems for various program components are in place. The PME &L Coordinators will work with Country Offi ce and program staff to ensure the most effi cient way of linking specifi c donor
M&E systems with program level impact measurement requirements.
The PME&L Coordinators will provide overall program level technical guidance in monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management systems and practices, through training, coaching and mentoring program staff and partners.
1. Design and implement an overall program level M&E system based on completed program strategy document, and consistent
with policies and procedures set forth in the CARE Uganda M&E framework that will allow the program to track both the individual
and cumulative impact of its interventions.
2. Facilitate project baseline studies, annual reviews, midterm assessments and fi nal evaluations and impact assessments.
3. Work closely with the Programme Quality and Learning Unit
to build capacity of Program staff and partners in monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management and ensure quality of
impact measurement strategies, methodologies and activities across all program components.
4. Participate in project/program initiatives design including participating in design workshops and developing log frames nd monitoring plans.
5. Proactively support establishment and maintenance of learning and knowledge management systems and sharing of lessons
within and across CARE programs and with strategic partners.
6. Undertake and facilitate others to implement the M&E plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, formats and analytical processes in order to provide overall quality control on M&E system and reporting.
7. Facilitate program learning and refl ection: ensuring that monitoring and review outputs are mainstreamed and adopted
by the program for learning and performance improvements.
8. Work as a team with PQL unit and other programs in developing and periodically reviewing impact measurement guidelines nd ensure their applications in measuring program/project performances.
9. Participate in country offi ce program quality and learning events and networks such as the program quality and learning eetings.
Preferred Skills: Qualifications and Competencies:
• Strong writing, research and analytical skills
• Strong programme Monitoring, Evaluation, documentation and Learning skills
• A post-graduate degree or post graduate diploma in Project planning and management with statistical knowledge in SPSS, Z -text, Epinfo
• 4-5 years experience in a similar position
• Experience and knowledge of organizational capacity building processes, tools and methodologies
• Excellent facilitation, communication and team work skills
How to apply: If you are a Ugandan, interested and with a passion to contribute to bringing about a positive change to people’s lives then submit your typed application including; a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of relevant academic qualifi cations indicating the preferred ocation, to: The Human Resource Manager, CARE International in Uganda, Plot 17 Nakasero Road, P. O. Box 7280, Kampala, by
28th January 2011
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbing shall lead to automatic disqualifi cation.
CARE INTERNATIONAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES & CORRUPTION INTORRELANT EMPLOYER