Job Title: Assistant Accountant
REPORT TO: Chief Accountant
Job Description (Duties):
The position facilitates the proper recording of financial transactions and providing information and/or reports derived from the same.
Nature and Scope;
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the jobholder will be responsible for financial reporting, settlement of commissions and suppliers dues, and statutory returns among other duties.
* Reconcile general ledger accounts to the subsidiary ledgers and bank accounts and secure full compliance with tax laws and regulations.
* Prepare monthly reports of revenue and expenditure trends against the annual budgets and explain variances on monthly basis.
* Safeguard assets in the company including thorough maintenance of the fixed assets management systems.
* Ensuring timely and accurate filing of returns to various regulatory authorities.
* Liaise with both internal and external auditor.
* Prepare and update monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts.
* Act as the Company's cashier by receiving all moneys, banking and reconciliation.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience;
* Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent.
* A qualified Accountant or pursuing CPA or ACCA.
* At least three (3) years experience in a similar or equivalent position.
* Computerized Accounting applications such as SUN accounting systems.
* Computer literacy in Ms Office Suite of packages.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
* Ability to work in a fast paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills including note taking and summarizing skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels in a clear, appropriate and timely manner.
* Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
* Strong team player with excellent leadership skills.
* Strong work ethic.
* Ensure productivity and performance is achieved and exceeded.
* Expenditure in area of influence maintained within approved budget.
* Correct and timely provision of financial information.
* Absence of complaints from suppliers of goods and services.
* Absence of penalties from statutory authorities.
* Reconciliations and analysis of Accounts accurately done and on a monthly basis.
* Systems/procedures within the section working properly.
* Absence of issues from internal, external and statutory auditors.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit in person a typed up-to-date CV and application letter with copies of your academic papers.
NFT Consult – Uganda,Kisozi Complex, Plot 6/8 Kyaggwe Road, Nakasero
Tel: +256 0414237904 / 24, 0312266904
NFT Consult - Rwanda, Plot 8721, Golf Course Road, Nyarutarama, Kigali, Rwanda.
Tel: +250 252570099, +250 0755335419, +250 0785119453.
If applying online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attach your CV and application letter ONLY; please merge them into ONE file in MS word or PDF format.
DO NOT attach scanned academic papers or documents when applying online.