AUDITING ASSISTANT, FS4
Office of Internal Oversight Services
18 July 2012-17 August 2012
Job Opening number:
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
This post is located in the Internal Audit Division (IAD) of the Office of Internal Oversight Services in Entebbe. The incumbent reports to an Auditor or Section Chief.
Within delegated authority, the Audit Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
•Collects relevant information and documentation related to specific audit assignments; calculates, computes and verifies data.
•Prepares spreadsheet, verifies footings, extensions and postings and traces original evidence into the records, e.g., personnel documents, budget, accounting vouchers, purchase orders, contracts, requisitions, receiving and inspection reports and invoices.
•Assists in observing random physical inventory of property in various departments throughout the Organisation.
•Performs other duties as may be required such as administrative-related tasks: assisting in coding and monitoring recommendations, recording of time and attendance, assisting in travel arrangements, tracking status of audit assignments, documenting minutes of section meetings.
•Assists in organizing and maintaining the audit working papers
• Ability to conduct research and retrieve materials from various sources. Ability to maintain accurate records, process a wide variety of data. Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies.
• Knowledge of the United Nations financial rules and regulations.
• Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
• Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
• Places team agenda before personal agenda
• Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
• Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
• Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
• Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
• Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
• Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Six years of experience in accounting, finance, administrative services or related area. Experience with specialised audit software desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French or another UN official language is an advantage.
Competency based interviews and other assessment methods as required.
- The appointment is limited to OIOS.
- Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers In accordance with established rules and procedures.
- Extension of appointments is subject to the availability of funds.
United Nations Considerations
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
How to Apply:
Deadline: 17th August 2012