Job Title: Finance Manager
About this job
Our client Simba Group of Companies is currently starting an integrated bio energy farm and seeking to recruit result driven and motivated individuals for the vacancy above.
Reports to: CEO
Duties and Responsibilities:
Developing appropriate financial policies and processes for company from scratch
Design budgeting process and oversee budget development and track spending
Recruiting and supervising junior accountant(s) who will do first line data entry
Supervise reconciliation of all areas of spend, including cash spend on farm
Preparation of quarterly and annual accounts and managing audit proces
Develop monthly management reporting and communication to CEO/Board
Managing all tax and regulatory issues
Strategic auditing of key aspects of business to ensure controls
Work with CEO/Project Manager on funding strategies: banking partners for asset financing, grant agencies, equity raising (if required for future expansion)
Other tasks as required
Be a qualified accountant
Be comfortable working in a startup environment; thrive in entrepreneurial setting
Have experience leading a finance team; be able to build the finance department from scratch with minimal supervision
Experience with Tally accounting package (Simba Telecom accounting system), however, this is not essential. If candidate does not have experience with Tally, must be willing to quickly learn key aspects of software
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to email@example.com
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.
Deadline: 20th July 2012