Job Title: Health Officer (Integrated Community Case Management)
Duty Station: Kampala
Type and Evaluation of Appointment: Fixed-Term Appointment (One year with possible extension)
Purpose of the post:
Under the close supervision of a Health Specialist, Integrated Community Case Management (ICCM), the incumbent will contribute to programme planning, implementation, administration, monitoring and the evaluation of programme/project activities, including teamwork and capacity building. The incumbent will coordinate with programme partners on programme feasibility and effectiveness and undertake follow-up action on the enabling environment programme implementation activities; Collect and analyse programme data and prepare programme status reports as required;
Assist in the preparation of the Country programme recommendation; Participates in capacity building for those involved in the programme.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Attributes:
University degree in Health, Social Sciences or a related technical field.
Two years progressively responsible experience in programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field. Experience in community-based health and nutrition child survival interventions would be an advantage.
Fluency in English is required and strong written and verbal communications skill therein strongly desirable.
Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results
Functional Competencies (Required): Formulating Strategies and Concepts; Analyzing; Applying Technical Expertise; Learning and Researching; Planning and Organizing
1. ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered
2. UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
4. If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_ MukasaApplication.
5. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
6. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 29th January 2013