Job Title: Procurement Specialist
The Ministry of Water and Environment is recruiting interested candidates to fill the vacant post above .
Key Result Areas
• Coordinate Procurement Functions between the component coordinators and the Procurement and Disposal Unit for the Water Development and Management Project .
• Ensure timely preparation , updating and submission of the project Procurement plan for review and approval of the World Bank .
• In consultation with Implementing Departments, prepare bidding documents for acquisition of goods , works and services .
• Ensure that procurement procedures follow these prescribed in the project Implementation Mannual are followed .
• A University degree Procurement ,Business Administration, Economics , Civil/Water Resources Engineering or other related courses with a Master’s Degree in either Procurement , Economics , Business Administration, Profit Planning and Management or other related courses with extensive and demonstrated experience in procurement in all aspects of procurement of goods , non-consulting services , works and consulting services ;
• Good oral and written communication skills , should be fluent in English . Having a good working knowledge of French will be an added advantage .
• Proven integrity in handling public resources and in executing duties
How to apply
Attach copies of all academic documents .
Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to an automatic disqualification .
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who do not hear from us within the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Interested Candidates are invited to submit their expression of interest and CV with a day phone contact , address and an email address to ;
The Head Procurement , Procurement and Disposal Unit ,
Ministry of Water and Environment , Plot 22/28 Port Bell Road , Luzira .
Deadline: 24 /05 /2013