Job Title: Advocacy Specialist.
Reporting Relationships: The Advocacy Specialist reports to the Country Director.
Job Summary: Leads Field Office advocacy strategy creation, along with implementation and facilitation to
drive related advocacy expansion within the Country.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with peoplewithin and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
2. Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
3. Builds and maintains supportive relationships and partnerships with church leaders.
4. Designs and implements a strategy with national church leaders and local pastors in prospective regions.
5. Supports Field Office to actively contribute toward the achievement of the Advocacy.
6. Mobilizes, Equips, supports and partners with Compassion Alumni Association for furthering Child Advocacy, especially focused on working with local churches.
7. Supports the existing Global advocacy Strategy/ Initiative such as the 4/14 Window Movement, The HCD and Isaiah 58 compaigns.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. University degree in Management/Leadership or Child Development.
2. Demonstrates strategic planning & management capabilities for calculated and purposeful future endeavors.
3. Understands global mission and child ministry movements, and is able to develop and implement strategic plans for preparing the ground for future ministry growth/expansion.
4. Demonstrates ability to build relationships by connecting with others and being approachable.
5. Possesses interpersonal skills such as self awareness, self management, and social awareness.
6. Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence” which involves identifying, assessing, and managing emotions of one self, of others, and of groups, as appropriate.
7. Displays flexibility and builds informal networks to get things done.
8. Is able to clearly and effectively communicate the ministry and programs of Compassion.
9. Demonstrates the capability to compel groups or individuals to deeper partnership with Compassion and advocacy for children in poverty by articulating, verbally, and in writing, programs and policy
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of this job. It may be necessary for a
person to perform other tasks as needed.
How to Apply:
A cover letter, recommendation from your previous employer if applicable, detailed curriculum vitae, 3 professional references, reference letter from your current Pastor, copies of academic qualification documents. Applications should reach the undersigned latest by Friday 30th August 2013 5:00pm (Closing Date).
Write To: The Sr. Human Resources Specialist,
Compassion International, P.O.Box 8936 Kampala – Uganda.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews